ADVERTISEMENT

Rhoades Said He Didn't Initiate the Conversation, but

MU1980

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2002
I have to think maybe he's been communicating with Baylor for at least a couple of months now. Remember it was last Winter that Rhoades said he would have something to roll out to the fans regarding improvement of football facilities (former South End Zone project) this past Spring. We're well into summer and no word from Rhoades, but I got the impression from Barry Odom today that he's been involved in many discussions with Rhoades and they are ready to roll a plan out - but it makes sense to have the new AD driving this project. I have to think maybe some decisions were made months ago, but Rhoades knew he shouldn't present a project of this scope if he weren't the one driving it to completion. With a new AD maybe we will hear something next year. The plan may be finalized and waiting for a new AD to review and push it upstairs for MU approval. I for one wish they would revisit Pinkel's strong recommendation and move forward on the South End Zone renovation - never seem to interest Rhoades. I'll trust Pinkel's judgement a few thousand times more than Rhoades on this type of project. Just my opinion guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.