ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL sad tale

FlyinTiger

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2003
Rancho Mirage, Ca.
One of my understandings has been that integrity, character and being free of professional taint has been high priorities on our list of traits we look for in a coaching hire. These factors have been trotted out to explain our disinterest in such as Pearl, Huggins and the like. So, how does one explain the litany of disasters we've endured in the basketball program? Quinn, Suitcase, Haith and finally, Bingo we get a guy that fits the parameters, ergo. Our favorite son Coach KA.. Trouble is, he cant win.
The board is inflamed with the blame game. .........Aldon?? money,?? BOC?? all this happened with Aldon at the helm.............But was he saddled with a budget and a culture that prevented him from going in any other direction?
I, for one believe, that the really successful coaches skate along the shores of questionable ethics.
Royboy Self Calipari. Would any of these guys pass a close look ? Coach K , maybe I dont know.
I leave it to you to decide how tightly you can hold your nose to be competitive.

Reactions: ChefBillyParisi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.