ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Sagarin College Football Ratings

mizzou1966

Retired Number
Aug 19, 2003
First the (maybe) good news: Mizzou is in the top half of the 254 colleges ranked.

Now for the bad news: Mizzou is ranked #102 at 60,95. Note: This is behind (among others) #68 James Madison; #57 Appalachian St.; #77 South Dakota St.; #78 Western Kentucky; #80 Baylor (yes, the team that lost to Liberty); #81 Illinois; #82 Youngstown State; #86 UTSA; #87 SMU; #95 Wyoming; #97 Wofford; #100 Hawaii; and (yes) #101 Jacksonville State.

For those who feel that Drew Lock should continue to be the starting QB, I just point to our Sagarin rating. We have two QBs who committed and switched from #40 Boise State and #41 Wake Forest. One, or both of them, has to be good enough to be given a significant shot. Nothing ventured; nothing gained. To not change, we are looking at 3-9 (0-8 SEC). And, I picked the Tigers to go 8-4 (4-4 SEC). I admit to being totally wrong about Lock being better this season. He is not and will not progress enough to be a leader and to win. Also, I like many others thought the LBs would be okay and the secondary (hopefully) would be adequate. Clearly, neither of these ideas came true. A new QB with 3 3/4 years to play has to be better (short and long term) than a failed QB with (just) 1 3/4 years remaining. Next season, Foster i(f we get him) may, or may, not be an answer. But until he is on campus and has demonstrated that he can start, or even play, the two freshmen QBs have to be considered the future. Also, if we continue to lose with Lock, I would be willing to bet that either Wilson or Powell would consider transferring after the season.

I have nothing against Drew Lock. I like him as a person and respect what he has given to this program. On the other hand, it is not working and most likely won't with him starting.

Update: Missouri has moved up from a 20 point home dog vs Auburn to (only) an 18.5 underdog.

Last edited:
Reactions: nactiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.