ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Scheduling notes

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
As I posted in the other thread about the Black Friday games being announced, I think it's a very safe assumption that Mizzou/Arkansas will be a Saturday game this year (it's actually always started out as a Saturday game and then been moved to Friday).

I'd expect announcements on a couple of other game times (likely non-conference) at some point today. @JHamilton23 will have a story on that when they're announced.

Also, a tidbit I picked up: The rest of the windows for games will be announced at some point before SEC media days in mid-July. You're not going to have an exact kick time but for example, there will be an announcement of

Morning window (11-12 noon kickoffs)
Afternoon window (230-330 Central)
Late afternoon window (330-630 Central)
Prime time window (6-7 Central)

Those windows are going to be set well in advance which will greatly help with planning. Because all SEC games are on ABC/ESPN properties this year, there's no waiting to see which game CBS wants. So they can set the windows in advance then do things to shuffle channels in the week or two before kickoff. In other words, they're not going to change your window, but if there's a game that's more important than was anticipated it could be moved to ESPN or ABC even if they originally thought it was a likely SEC Network game. This is honestly the best news for fans and media I've heard in a long time. Means you should be able to make season travel plans by mid-summer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News