ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket non-renewal

ponku

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Wildwood MO
I've noticed a thread or two recently discussing how the season ticket office needs to "step up" their game so I decided to write about my recent experience.

My wife and I chose not to renew season tickets this year. There are many reasons of which include increased family activities, change in jobs, need to redirect the cost of donation and tickets to home repairs/remodels, etc. Protests and how they were handled had an influence on my decision, but were not a primary driver.

I was formerly a "Varsity" level donor (more than $500 but less than $1000. I had purchased, since 2001, two seats in sec H row 12.

This year I made a much smaller donation to TSF and ignored the ticket renewal letter. I expected a stronger retention effort from the ticket office which was a single phone call from what seemed like a student that went something like this - Student: "Hi, we noticed you hadn't renewed your tickets. Are you planning to?" Me: "No.". Student: "OK, If you have any questions please give us a call." CLICK.

No letter, no email, just a quick impersonal confirmation call. Did I expect a singing telegram delivered by Gary Pinkel himself, no. There was no chance the caller could have changed my mind, but I am a surprised that there was not more effort to retain. Maybe there will be more to come but up to this point the effort has been underwhelming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.