ADVERTISEMENT

Softball question for Gulfport and others with legal expertise

mexicojoe

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2009
Madison Valley
I pose a question in light of recent events regarding Wren Baker's possible departure to North Texas.
The members of the Softball team are in limbo regarding the Title IX inquisition. Obviously some members of the team, along with their parents, would prefer EE be retained while some members, and their parents may have the opposite view. Other potential recruits are awaiting the start of the school year as well. The window to transfer has to be closing fast.
If, as Gabe has indicated, an AD could hired within the next week or so, that would be the THIRD athletic director, to be involved in this inquisition. Wren Baker stated in an interview that the Softball situation "had not been handed over to me yet." If true, then who is actually in charge of the situation? To whom would the Title IX Inquisitors make their report?
The question I have is do the players and their parents have some "right" to an outcome post haste? Perhaps not a technically legal right, but does Mizzou not have a professional responsibility, a moral duty, an ethical obligation, to do the right thing and inform all involved of a decision regarding EE? Most of the players, if not all, pay a large portion of their own way regarding tuition, housing, books, etc and have a vested interest in where they spend their money.
It seems to me any perceived "harm" done to a player(s) by EE's comments etc would be minimal compared to the player "harm" caused by the incessant delay.
As the saying goes,
It is time for the Title IX Office to "%%%% or get off the pot."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.