ADVERTISEMENT

Some personal news...

PTScantlebury

PowerMizzou.com Associate Editor
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
After eight years at PowerMizzou, it’s with a heavy heart I have to announce that I’m leaving.

The timing absolutely sucks. There’s no way around it. But -- true to his character -- Gabe has been nothing but supportive and understanding.

Here are the basics -- an opportunity popped up for me out of nowhere, and it’s something I couldn’t pass up. I’ll cover the Tigers through Monday, Aug. 29. That’s media day before West Virginia. I’ll have articles through the week, but I won’t cover the team in Morgantown on Sep. 3. Gabe has a plan in place for coverage the rest of the season, and trust me, you won’t notice my absence.

The specifics of where I’m going will be announced on Twitter shortly, but that’s not important right now.

What’s important is starting the process of saying goodbye to you all.

I never thought that a job interview inside a Panera in Columbia would turn into the most meaningful, memorable eight years of my life. Gabe gave me an incredible opportunity. I didn’t fully appreciate it at the time -- like any fresh-out-of-college idiot, I assumed I’d be on to Bigger And Better Things soon.

PowerMizzou became that Bigger and Better Thing.

I’ve been incredibly lucky. Ungratefully lucky. I came aboard during the start of a roller coaster for Missouri athletics. Nationally-relevant seasons in both football and basketball, coaching changes, freaking CONFERENCE changes. Gabe let me in the door to help cover all of that, and made me a better reporter with his advice and how he handled his job during these wild times.

He hired me as a recruiting reporter. He helped me grow into something so much more. You guys have the best person possible running this site, and that won’t change.

I really can’t thank you all enough for the past eight years, too. This site has become something so much more than I ever imagined. I know there is bickering, sophomoric comments -- but this is a damn community, and when people are in need of help or support, you all always come through. You guys are the best of the best when it comes to fans, and when things get bad or when hot takes rain down from the sky, remember that. I hope to still be around (if Gabe will have me) and I look forward to talking more like a fan and less like a reporter.

Thank you, PowerMizzou.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.