ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts on Rivals new boards

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I've been messing around with them on our publisher message board to get a feel for things. I think you guys are really going to like them. They're a HUGE upgrade (and yes, I fully admit anything designed post-WWII would have been a huge upgrade).

Some things I think you guys will really like:

When you open a thread, it automatically scrolls to the last post you read.The ability to private message with other usersYou get alerts when someone likes one of your posts, when people reply to your post and a few other things. You will have the ability to disable those alerts if you don't want them. But really, it's not cumbersome. You can get an email every time that happens, but I disabled that. Now when I log on to the new board, there's a little red flag (kind of like notifications on Facebook) that pops up and lists my notifications. One advantage of the alerts is that if you post on more than one Rivals board, you will get an alert "So and so replied to your post" with a link to the thread. You can click on that link and it will take you directly to said thread without having to navigate to the other site, then the message board, then the thread to see replies.It's incredibly easy to embed media in your posts (photos, gifs, videos, tweets, etc)
Things I will like:

You can now tweet, put threads straight to Facebook (or other social media sites) with the click of a button. This will be great for me (and maybe for you).There will be a lot of moderation threads that will help limit the threads that devolve into two posters fighting back and forth (private messaging can also help this I think)The use from wireless is very good from the feedback I'm getting, which will help us get stuff posted from the field much easier and more quickly. The last few years, it's much easier to tweet from the practice field. That should be just as easy for us on the new boards I think.
Just some stuff I noticed today. If you were on the main board and have thoughts to contribute, we're welcoming feedback.

This post was edited on 4/17 7:18 AM by GabeD

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.