ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Sam, this column was a clunker to me

sptwri

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Kansas City, Mo.
This is in reference to a column in the KC Star this morning ripping OU's Boren for talking openly about Big 12 expansion. . . .

Seems odd that a newspaper columnist, who should welcome open discussion by institutions he covers, instead contends this discussion should being going on behind closed doors. And while it could be said that no conference wants Missouri with its recent problems, it seems odd that when Sam points out the loss of Nebraska and Texas A&M that he did not included the loss of Missouri and Colorado as well. From my own experience it is indeed obvious that Boren is an egomaniac. But my bottom line after reading this column is that it is a defense of the Big 12 status quo more than anything else. It makes light, for instance, of the revenue rankings behind the SEC and the Big 10 with a bit of a cheer that yeah, the Big 12 is third! Sorry Sam, I like and respect most of your columns. Not this one.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article65340322.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.