ADVERTISEMENT

Special site announcement and season opening PM tailgate information

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
We are excited to partner with America's oldest brewery for the 2023 Mizzou football season. Yuengling will be the presenting sponsor of all of our game day coverage throughout the 2023 season.

An iconic American company that has been brewing beer for 190 years, Yuengling made its way to the Show-Me State in 2023. Their products are now available for purchase across the state of Missouri. Known for its amber color and traditional green bottles, Yuengling's traditional lager is the most well-known product, but there are a dozen different varieties to try.

Yueng_Lager_Full_LogoV_WithEagle_3C-onLight (2).jpg

As part of this partnership, we're happy to be co-hosting a PowerMizzou tailgate for the season opener against South Dakota. Kickoff is set for 7 pm on Thursday August 31. We will be in Lot P by 4 p.m. that day. That is the lot to the south of Mizzou Arena, just up the hill from Faurot Field.

We are providing some pregame food (we're working to put together a menu but it will be along the lines of wings and burgers or pulled pork sandwhiches, something like that) and our friends at Yuengling will have some products for your pre-game sampling enjoyment. We may also have a few giveaways and special guests on site that day. If you want to bring some of your own food or drink to enjoy and just want to stop by and hang out for a little bit, that's fine too.

We'll have some Yuengling and PowerMizzou signage when we get set up that day and I'll post from the lot with a more specific location. There is no sign up or RSVP for this. I don't really know how many people to expect. So understand that the food and drink are available while they last, but the excellent company will be there right up until kickoff.

You guys know that we like to work with partners whose products we personally enjoy and support. Yuengling fits that bill for sure. I've toured their brewery in Tampa and now that it's for sale in Missouri I can promise I'll be a regular consumer. I'm excited about this partnership and look forward to getting a chance to get the tailgate going in three weeks. We're working on some other potential events throughout the year, but we're excited to start with this on August 31.

Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 6.10.58 AM.png

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.