ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis Tiger Club Luncheon w Randy Karraker - Cliff Notes

diehard78

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2006
Karraker offered some good insight on a variety of topics and took questions. Was an excellent speaker and has an encyclopedic memory.
On NIL - It's the wild west. All in all, not a bad thing for Mizzou. Football is simply no longer the purview of the NCAA. Their effective influence is in BB and everything else.
On Recruiting - very impressed with Drink's ability to fill specific needs with transfers and to get HS commitments. Said Burden would put Mizzou very close to a top 10 class. "Right up there with the big boys". No surprises there.
On this season - Sees good things building on last season. An advantage that MU will have is going up against multiple first year coaches. Mentioned Mookie Cooper in particular as a difference maker. Also said that Bilachick spoke with Drink about drafting Bledsoe... and in the process asked him why Mizzou was doing man defense "because it's not working". Drink told him, "Yep, we're going to fix that" and then told BB about Wilks and his scheme.
On the characteristics Mizzou is looking for in their new AD. He said a vision that fits the new NIL reality that is big boy football. Someone that "is more bold". Asked the rhetorical question - why isn't the AD here (STL) today? Said the SEC is an awesome product and St Louis needs to step up and embrace the league and Mizzou as their conference and their team. For the great product that it is. Said Pinkel told him that recruiting will be the coach and his NIL guy meeting with the athlete and his agent.
On kU - He does not see them landing in the B10 or Pac12 or any major conference. Said "my colleagues think I'm trolling them when I say they could be headed to the AAC (not the ACC)."
Good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News