ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Improvements

mizzoubj76

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2003
We moved our seats this year so some of my comments on improvements may have to do with the view now from row 37 vs row 72 for the previous nine years.

South end zone looks great--as though it was always there. People stood five deep in the Bunker Club all game. Not my idea of a good way to watch a game, but to each her own.

The new south end scoreboard is terrific. I had to keep reminding myself it was there after a year of nothing there. The quality of the picture is great. Love the out-of-town scores, intermixed with updated game stats. The actual score is more visible compared to the backlit amber score in the north end zone.

No net on the south end zone goal posts means fans get a chance to catch the ball.

Sound system: much improved. Everyone commented on it.

Tiger Tails were a nice visual. Will they hand them out at each game? Because what if you don't bring yours back to the next game? As long as people make noise while they wave the tails, it will be all good-even if the tips of the tails are white.

Lion's Choice in the North End Zone terrace! Yes, please. This would be a game-changer for me if Lion's Choice hadn't opened off 70 at Little Blue Parkway this year.

People around us were drinking beer and spiked seltzer. No one was obnoxious. Every one was having fun. Alcohol was a non-factor. The "have a safe drive home" message at the end of the game has a new script. "If you've been drinking....."

A few small issues:

Gate 5W still says Bag Check on the right side. Has for years. Now bag check is to the left. A sign in the right place would have been helpful. I had empathy for the guy who had the job of yelling "bags to the left" and then muttered "yes, I know that's not what it says up there."

Why are we waltzing between quarters 1 & 2 now? Does it have anything to do with alcohol sales ended at the start of the fourth quarter? Or the new "FOUR" video?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News