Statement from Wren Baker

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
WREN BAKER

“Today I was formally offered and accepted the role of Vice President and Director of Athletics at the University of North Texas. It is a tremendous opportunity to lead a FBS Division I athletic program. While I am excited that Heather and I will be able to realize a lifelong goal near our family, we will miss our friends in Missouri and at Mizzou. During our two stints living in the Show-Me state we grew to love the people and the area. I regret the timing of this announcement would bring any negative light to Mizzou. Chancellor Foley has been tremendous to me and I am thankful for his leadership during some challenging circumstances. As I’ve said many times the past couple weeks, Mizzou has much to be proud of. It is a special institution with many successes to celebrate. Whomever is named Director of Athletics, will inherit great student-athletes, coaches and staff and will be a very lucky individual. I am confident that Chancellor Foley and the search committee will find a terrific Director of Athletics.”

Reactions: Graphic Edge Guy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.