ADVERTISEMENT

That One Play

BuffetBuster

All-American
Gold Member
May 15, 2006
I have been a fan for a long time, so I know way more about the Tigers than you do. I noticed this one play in the 2nd quarter that I am sure you and the entire stadium and all the fans watching from home missed. You see I dissect each and every play because when I was younger, I was not much of an athlete so I always had a chip on my shoulder because my dad would call me lazy. I knew I wasn't lazy because I would play Tecmo bowl for hours on end. I found out that if I just run Bo Jackson every play, I could not be beat. I FIGURED THAT OUT, NOT YOU. I didn't need someone to tell me or my dad to be all over my ass about not being smart enough. While everyone else was using Reggie Cobb and the Buccaneers I played with every team until I found Bo Jackson. That work ethic is still true today when I watch Tiger games.

I joined this website to try and be part of a community that had fans like me. Fans that can spot things throughout the game that normal fans who never played the game could pick up on. I watch the linebackers instead of the ball. I notice how they shed blocks and how fast they get downhill to make a tackle. I can tell when a freshman player is fast, and their spin move is on a better axis, so he falls forward instead of backwards. I thought this place was the place for me, but I continue to be just darn mad that other fans can't pick up on these little nuances of the game. It sucks that I see things on the field that others don't. I wish I knew I had this talent when I played youth sports. I may still be playing today. Instead, I try and instill this knowledge into my kids in hopes that one day I will be the parent in the stands the camera pans to during a big play. I am a big believer that pushing my son every day and telling his coach what I see on the field will surpass genetics every day of the week.

And even on the small chance my son isn't good enough to play college. I will search every high school for the next Bo Jackson. I will bring that info to this board so that you will be the first to hear about him. I will let you know of every 6'3" kid out there that has a chance to play Varsity as a Sophomore. You will remember ME as that poster you first heard the name of the next great athlete that the Tigers need to pursue. A true difference maker! A Rayon Simmons type player that is a can't miss.

Back to that one play I saw. We can't make that mistake when we get into SEC play. That stuff needs to be cleaned up or this team is going 7-5. I love my Tigers!

-The biggest fan there is. Figuratively and hypothetically.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.