ADVERTISEMENT

****THE CHAMBER, 4/10****

brianaustin

Hall of Famer
Jun 18, 2001
Columbia, MO
FOOTBALL RECRUITING

-- Junior day came and went without a commitment for Mizzou. The next big day that historically has seen some commitments is the Tigers' spring game. There could be a commitment on April 18, but at this point nothing looks likely. In-state targets Tre Bryant all say they are going to take their time with the process.

Tyrel Dodson. He is working to make it to Mizzou for an unofficial visit this spring.

Another out-of-state prospect to watch is Bravvion Roy. He has maintained for a while that Baylor and Mizzou are his top two schools with the Bears having the slight edge over the Tigers. Mizzou will be down to see Roy during the evaluation period which runs from April 15 to May 30 (minus Sundays). No unofficial visit from Roy is expected, so the Tigers will only get their official visit to show off what they have to offer.

-- Hopefully you have been following the updates to the Spring Visitor list. Mizzou had a couple prospects without offers in yesterday. Hampton (Ga.) Lovejoy DE Jarett Cole also recently made it in for a visit. He's another guy that Mizzou is really evaluating for an offer. He currently holds offers from B.C., Iowa and Wake Forest.

-- We mentioned the the evaluation period, which runs from April 15 - May 30, earlier. The Tiger coaches will be hitting the road during the period seeing as many prospects as possible. The coaches have 168 days to divide up amongst themselves for visits. Each target can be visited a maximum of twice. Once for an academic evaluation and once for an athletic evaluation. If coaches do an academic evaluation and an athletic evaluation on the same day it only counts as one academic evaluation meaning the coaches could visit the player again for an athletic evaluation. Each visit counts as a day out of the 168 day total.

Where the coaches will be heading is set now. Ryan Walters and Craig Kuligowski will be working the Atlanta area. Barry Odom will be in the Dallas area. A.J. Ricker will be in the Houston area. Cornell Ford is in St. Louis and Indiana. Andy Hill will be in Kansas City and central Missouri. Pat Washington will be in Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans and Mississippi. Josh Henson will be in Oklahoma and Central/North Florida. Brian Jones will be in Central/North Florida. The first stops for a lot of the coaches will be junior college spring practices though.

BASKETBALL RECRUITING

-- Missouri coaches are hitting the road this weekend for the evaluation period. We posted earlier in the week that Rob Fulford was in Indiana to see Kobie Eubanks. Sounds like no offer extended yet, but one could be soon.

Brad Loos and Kim Anderson are heading to Hampton, VA for the first leg of the EYBL. They will be watching the St. Louis Eagles (Jordan McCabe).

-- There was a post on the board last week about Sneed saying that he wasn't really considering Missouri because of the suspensions. I checked with Sneed about that and he said that is not true. He is still wide open and considering every school that has offered him. Brad Loos has done a good job of recruiting Sneed so far.

-- A recent story said that Murray was 90% to stay in the class of 2016. From what I'm hearing that may not be a smoke screen to keep coaches looking for 2016 prospects watching CIA Bounce games. It sounds like there is still a strong possibility that Murray reclassifies to 2015. If that happens to completely count the Tigers out yet. The Mizzou coaches are making a hard push to keep them in the picture.

FROM GABE ON THE BASKETBALL COACHING SEARCH

-- Thought I'd throw in an update on the assistant coach search. It's pretty quiet, I don't think anybody really knows what's going on. The only real thing I've heard is that Rick Ray is definitely in the mix, but if he gets the SEMO head coaching job, he'd prefer that for obvious reasons. If not, I think he's definitely in play and very likely the leading candidate at Missouri. If Ray goes off the board, honestly, I'm kind of at a loss as to where they'd go next. I'm sure Kim Anderson has a list of guys, but I'm not at all sure what it would be. I am confident saying it will be an African American very likely with previous Division One coaching experience, but that doesn't exactly narrow the list to a manageable number.

This post was edited on 4/10 11:47 AM by brianaustin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News