ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The Five Football Plays at Mizzou That Define My Fanhood

HDG1

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2012
Salisbury, Mo
Some of these are positive and a couple ripped my heart out. I’d like to hear others’ “moments” that defined their fanhood.

1). The flea kicker. I mean come on I’m in that end zone with a front row view of what was almost/should have been a monumental win in the history of our program.
2). The fifth down. See the same explanation above. I remember my Uncle saying over and over again that was fourth down!
3). McGaffie returning the opening kickoff against #1 OU. Let’s face it the game was over from the outset. I know we trailed later but there was no way we were losing that game.
4). The final safety of Todd Reesing to secure the number 1 ranking even if just for a week. Great play by Williams (I hope I gave credit to the right )!
5). The goal line stand this year against LSU. For all the reasons Gabe said in his analysis and the way we seemed to score at will I thought the only chance we had was to let them score fast and try to drive the field with some sort of miracle closing seconds score. Goal line stands are hard against anyone regardless of who you are but when you are Mizzou against the defending National Champs? I mean come on! Drink trusted his D and they delivered big time. That was a very proud moment for the Tigers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.