ADVERTISEMENT

The Lair is in Basketball Mode

none*****

Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2001
now, so I'll post my football news over here. If you don't like the football program or sports, you are excused from reading further.
Malcontents all gone now? OK.

The football coaches and staff were disappointed with the Citrus Bowl experience. The only positive coming out of the trip other than the win over Minni was the trip over to Disney World. The CB people, otherwise did a poor job feeding and entertaining the two teams and left a poor impression. The Mizzou people say it was the worst bowl experience they've experienced, even worse than the Independence Bowl. No one is looking forward to going back there.

Oh yeah, and this. On the Lair someone posted something about one of our prominent players on the football team spending too much time during the season chasing (and catching) coeds, instead of putting all his efforts into the team. They blamed his erratic performance on his exploits. I think the thread got deleted. I suspect the stories are true, because I've heard them from the Dad of a female athlete who appears to know. IMO, the coeds need to keep their mouths shut, strike that, the gals need to keep these stories to themselves instead of bragging about it.

On Jason Ray, former Mizzou football player and recently released/fired by Okie-Lite Coach Gundy. It was a total surprise to Ray. Gundy told him it was nothing he had done or not done and had nothing to do with his performance. He told Ray he is taking the offense in a new direction, away from the spread and into a more run-heavy scheme. Gundy told Ray he would help him find another coaching job. He hopes to apply for an open job at aTm and join Coach DC there. That is all.

This post was edited on 1/11 9:40 AM by none*****

This post was edited on 1/11 10:11 AM by none*****

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News