ADVERTISEMENT

The new BB coach is going to be in a sweet position.

Thurman Merman

Letterman
Mar 2, 2016
3 scholarships as long as we take the hit this year. I'm not counting on anyone committing in this class to stay unless Kim knocks it out of the park in recruiting next class, then we won't have a new staff either but either way excitment will be up.

But back to the new staff, they will bring a player or two of their own, and Bank a scholly for their first real class leaving them 2 or 3 slots open for 2018. The next year they will have a handful of slots to fill as well, so an actual rebuild will be obtainable.

I'd go the Quin route again. It only makes sense, any other option views us as a stepping stone. Marshall would bolt as soon as possible, WSU then building up Mizzou, no way he doesn't look to cash in on that.

It really is about talent. The best talent wins on game day. Yes you have to coach, coach your ass off during practice but come game day it's about execution and talent. Its not gonna be the popular hire but Mizzou needs a young coach who wants to be here just like Odom. It may take more money than said coach is worth but it's a better investment.

Backup the truck for Archie Miller or like I stated above the next Quin (more attainable) without the offcourt issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.