ADVERTISEMENT

The Sky Is Falling! (Ways hoops gets turned around)

rhc4y4

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2009
Look, it's obvious Mizzou basketball is in a very dark place. I know it is very easy to dwell on the negative because there is so much of it, but it's honestly a terrible way to live. And believe it or not there are actually some ways things could turn around in the few weeks before the late signing period. I want to highlight a few of those.

First, there's a coach to hire. Sure, it's easy to say it will likely be an underwhelming hire, but what if it isn't? What if the new AD has already told KA he has to hit a home run with the hire or he's as good as gone? With the current coaching salaries there's plenty of money to make a big hire.

What if the coach who gets hired has a guy or two who want to come play for him? Perhaps Mizzou will finally find that elusive "ace" recruiter.

What if Mizzou is in better shape on the recruiting trail now than we think based on who PM staffers can track down that we're recruiting?

What if Mizzou's current commits outplay their rivals ratings and the guys who stay all improve? What if they all work their asses off and the pieces fit Anderson's system better?

Before I get yelled at or told off yes, I do realize it's possible none of the above things unfold that way. Maybe even likely. My point is that there's a new AD, there's money to be spent on a new coach, there's several roster spots available, there's (until more changes happen) a decent core of young guys and there's still time before signing day and even more time before next season.

Just like J3 went from talking about being a leader for Mizzou next season on March 11 to transferring a few weeks later, there is a chance good changes could come at Mizzou.

Now, bash away.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.