ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the SEC QB's this season

OrlandoKeith

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2009
I'll start with Florida

So Treon Harris just announced he is no longer on the team and is seeking a transfer. No shocker there but was thought to change positions as a WR role.

That leaves the Gators with............

Luke Del Rio - RS Soph who first was a preferred walk on at Bama and then transferred to Oregon St. I don't think he received a scholarship there either but then didn't last and transferred to Florida. But again only as a walk on. Florida to avoid complete embarrassment by having a "walk-on" be their opening game starter finally gave a scholarship to him. Other than being the son of Jack Del Rio, I'm not sure he's done much of anything productive as a college QB. He's likely their starter.

Austin Appleby - Grad Student from Purdue. 1 game for the Boilermakers in 2013. Did play in 10 games for them in 2014 and 5 games in 2015. Had as many interceptions as TD's and averaged about 50% completion percentage. Lead his Purdue team to wins against Illinois, Southern Illinois, and Indiana St. Hard to say if he's good or not because Purdue as a team is not.

Harry Gornto - RS Freshman. Walk on. No game experience

Feleipe Franks - Freshman. 4 Star rated recruit. No game experience

Kyle Trask - Freshman. 2 Star rated recruit. No game experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.