ADVERTISEMENT

three positives about Dimukeje reaching out to Mizzou

Mizzoufan89

Letterman
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2004
This story contains so much optimism for me.

You would have to have your head in the sand to not feel bludgeoned by the flow of negative news stories coming out of Columbia. Yet, in the midst of it all, a recruit from Baltimore reaches out to Missouri to possibly play here.

1) He's a smart kid. His list of offers would make even the Asian kid who is captain of the chess team blush. These are the sorts of kids I love having on the team because they are so easy to cheer for. I hope he comes to Mizzou.

2) His reason for reaching out was the based upon the success of our defensive lineman. Reading between the lines, it tells me that the rest of the world is finding out what we already know. Missouri is developing a reputation as one of the best places in the country for D linemen.

3) Most important: One of the reasons I have been so saddened by all of the negative press was that I was afraid people would start to believe it. If a black kid from out of state reaches out to Missouri, in spite of it all, does that mean the negative news stories might NOT be as pervasive as we think they are? Is it possible that we might be the only ones paying attention to this stuff, and the rest of the world doesn't really care?

I don't have an answer to number three, but I am hopeful that there is some truth. Surely the efforts of Dimukeje wanting to check out Missouri indicate something positive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.