ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ****TIGER TAKEAWAYS: MIZZOU 38, WVU 7***

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
1. The biggest thing last week was that Missouri's best players didn't play very well. Larry Rountree and Albert O were good today. Jordan Elliott was very good. Cale Garrett was very good. When those guys aren't good, Mizzou will struggle. When they are, they've got a chance to look pretty damn good.

2. This was as dominating a performance against a non-Tennessee Power Five program as I have seen in a while. This West Virginia team isn't very good (honestly, if I lived in Lawrence I might be optimistic my team could get a Big 12 win this year) but so what? You play who's in front of you and Missouri dominated.

3. Tyler Badie is better than I gave him credit for. He's still the No. 2 back on this team, but he's up there with some of the better No. 2 backs in the league. He's elusive, he's tough for his size, he's fast and he's a hell of a pass blocker.

4. Special teams have not destroyed Missouri in two games. That's good. You'll take that. I don't know that they've been exceptional or anything, but we said all offseason they just have to be decent.

5. I really can't find anything to complain about. Yeah, Missouri had too many penalties, but they didn't matter. Sure, this could have been about 55-0 without a few things here and there, but perfect games are pretty rare. You've got to try really hard to find something to be upset about after this one.

Post-game coverage to come. Hope you all enjoy A&M/Clemson while you wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.