ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Today's Scrimmage (From a Student)

tegr53

Letterman
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
I was at today's scrimmage. Here are a few notes before I get into the actual football related information:

The scrimmage was moved inside about a half hour before because of weather. I believe this stopped some students from attending. I would estimate there were only between 100-200 students there. They were VERY strict on phones. The second you walked in they told you that no cell phones were allowed for any reason. They had about 5 people monitoring for cell phones and they asked students to put them away any time they saw them. Because of this, it was hard to takes notes about what I was seeing but here's the gist.

-Offensively, we looked like last year. To my count there were 2 interceptions, 5 fumbles and 1 TD that happened at the very, very end. Really, there is not much to report. One thing I did notice however was Shaun Conway playing a majority of snaps at RB. Other than that, the QB's were inconsistent at best. The WR's struggled to get open (many drops too) and the OL struggled. I could probably count the first downs on one hand.

-Defensively, it was hard to tell how well they were playing because of the sloppy play of the offense. As you can tell by my description of the offense, in terms of numbers they did well but I would attribute that more to poor offense then good defense. The one thing that did stand out was Terez Hall. He is a massive human and is very quick.

-Special teams was solid. Tucker McCan hit about a 53 yard field goal and as expected, Fatony was very solid.

Odom talked to the students at the end and had a very nice message for us about his love for the university and us students. He seemed very sincere. It would be easier to answer questions then list everything I saw over 2 hours of football so feel free to ask away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.