ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL RECRUITING Transfers, Recruits, and the Grand Scheme

CoMo_Tiger92

Retired Number
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2014
Relatively boring day at work so let's spark up some discussion shall we. First, I'm curious who you all think will transfer out. Seeing that we are still actively pursuing multiple 2016 targets, it is no secret that the current roster will not all return. I think most of us think DA will not be back. Wes Clark may have put an interesting twist in the plans. I would have bet on Isabel leaving as well but I think he will get the first crack at getting some of Clark's minutes. I like Isabel if we can get more depth. He could be really good as a scorer for the second team (almost like a homeless man's Moody, I didn't think poor man' Moody sufficiently explained the skill differential. But my point is that he could step into that role.) That being said, my guess at who tranfers out are..

1. DA (I think he could have been really valuable if we had better players around him. Gotta love guys willing to accept lesser roles and he still makes a difference when he is on the court but not the kind that leads to points)
2. Gant (Him leaving could have an added benefit of the NCAA sanctions being lowered but maybe not.)

Next, who are the recruits wee are trying to replace them with? I personally think Corprew is the best target left out of the three we have been linked to so far (followed by Dembele then Moore, guard from Arkansas who visited last weekend.) replacing DA with Corprew would add another scorer to the roster and I think he would come in and push Namon for a starting spot right away. I really think Moore is a the backup plan for Corprew now, especially since he said he wants to take his time with recruiting. Dembele is a must get if we are losing a second to transfer. Not because of his skill but because of his size. Personally, I would rather add the JUCO from across the pond Kavel Bigby-Williams. Here is my wish list for the final two scholarships in the 2016 class..

1. Corprew
2. Bigby-Williams (I prefer him because of his athleticism and he would keep the classes more balanced)

So, if things happen to play out the way i have shown the class breakdown is as follows..

SR - Russell Woods
JR - Wright, Isabel, Barnett, Bigby-Williams
SO - Phillips, Puryear, Walton, Van Leer
FR - Jackson, Corprew, Smith, Nikko

The position breakdown would look like this

PG - Phillips/Isabel
SG - CVL/Walton/Corprew
SF - Barnett/Jackson/Wright
PF - Woods/Puryear/Bigby-Williams
C - Smith/Nikko

Not a bad looking team but only leaves one scholarship for the 2017 class

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.