ADVERTISEMENT

TSF Event in Independence Monday 5/23/16

TrumanTiger89

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2011
Kansas City
Under Mike Alden, it seems like the caravan-type of events were usually reserved for smaller towns and rarely made it to the metro areas. So it was great to have the TSF Mizzou Caravan in Independence tonight.

Coach Odom, Mack Rhoades, Wren Baker, Brian White, Nico Yantko, Gary Link, Cat Lee, Alvin Hines, Lorraine Rodriguez (and probably some I forgot) were there. Steve Erickson and a couple other former athletes stopped by.

Nothing earthshattering took place. But it’s always nice – especially lately – to talk in a positive manner about Mizzou. The student athletes had a 3.03 GPA this past semester/year (not sure which), a historic high point for the athletic department. Over the past five years 97% of MU athletes have graduated (that’s pretty amazing). And though we still have a lot of work to do to rise from 13th in the conference in scholarship fund donations, Mack says he has a plan to get our AD into a Top 10 position in the country (in performance, not donations).

I didn’t get a good vibe at all about Coach Earleywine. I was told it wasn’t the emails from the past (“he can learn from those type of things”), or a little bit of cussing and yelling. Was told it was more serious than that. Not what I hoped to hear.

Overall it was a good event and I’m glad the University and AD are out mending fences and making friends. We all need to step up to get beyond the mess we are in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.