ADVERTISEMENT

Two things related to Mizzou from WSU/ku

mone2233

All-American
Jul 22, 2011
1. They weren't very deep and they didn't have to be. They lost Early to the league last year. I don't even think they had a backup point guard. Seems to me like Cotton and Baker took over the pg duties when FVF had to leave the game. They had a couple of bigs rotating but that was about it. While I hope we could add some better players to our roster, I know you don't need to go 9-10 deep to be a great team. You just need to be solid. This will be important for us under KA because who knows if the suspensions and dismissals are more of a temporary thing or an actual trend that will haunt KA. We also need to get to a point where the freshmen we get don't need to play big minutes unless they are ready for it. And I think the last team here that wasn't deep did pretty well for themselves.

2. I don't know the official rankings out of high school, but I'm pretty sure this team was composed of un-ranked to top 150 talent. The majority of our roster will end up being this way except for the 4 star guys we have that stick around. I have to admit it was great seeing guys from kansas who would have never gotten a shot to play at ku like Baker and Wessell play so well. That is what truly separates a Greg Marshall from other coaches when he could get the best out of recruits like that. Again, this will be important for KA to do. Players like Early, FVF, and Baker were the kids that made Marshall and this WSU program what they are. Who will be the guys for KA? I'm hoping they are already on the roster or signed in this class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News