ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE (NOT REALLY) ON THE AD SEARCH

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
So, again, I fully expect an athletic director to be named this week. I'd expect a public announcement early in the week. Whoever it is will be voted on (approved) by the Curators tomorrow I'm pretty certain.

As for who?

The two names that seem to be popping up consistently in the rumor mill (for whatever that's worth, which may be nothing) are Mark Alnutt (SEMO) and Mack Rhoades (Houston). Alnutt is out of town this week tending to personal matters. I've had people who don't know for sure tell me they don't believe Alnutt is the guy. I've got a couple of friends that are fairly well connected at Houston. Both of them have told me they can't get any information tying Rhoades to the Mizzou job in any sort of concrete way. Nobody is saying he's out, but there's also been no information to lead anyone to believe Rhoades is close to taking the Mizzou job.

In other words, I'm prepared to be surprised. There have only been a couple of names that have made the rumor mill rounds, and it doesn't appear anyone is all that confident either one is close to being Mizzou's next AD. I will keep working all day on this and will be at the Curators' meeting at 730 tomorrow morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News