ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING ***UPDATE ON POTENTIAL 2018 COMMITMENT***

PTScantlebury

PowerMizzou.com Associate Editor
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
TUESDAY 11:56 AM UPDATE: Recruiting coordinator AJ Ofodile retweeted Smith's commitment tweet, which looks to make this official. We've been told that there was some confusion at first, but the staff is accepting his commitment.

I'm trying to get in touch with Smith again now.

I spoke with 2018 New Orleans (La.) Landry-Walker DE Josh Smith. At this time, we're not calling him a commitment. Here's why:

-- Smith told me he was offered sometime during his sophomore year by Sam Carter, who is a defensive analyst for Missouri. Typically, commitable offers come a position coach or Barry Odom. A source told us Missouri is still evaluating him.

-- Smith HAS NOT spoken to any Missouri coach before or after announcing his commitment on Twitter. Unless it's a clear situation with a recruit that obviously has an offer, we always want recruits to talk to a coach before we make the commitment official. In this case, given the first point about the offer, we don't feel comfortable calling him a commitment.

Smith said he is going to call the staff tomorrow morning, and maybe this is a legit commitment. But as of 10 PM on Monday, I don't feel comfortable calling it that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPhilb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.