ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY *****UPDATES/ANALYSIS: MIZZOU VS SOUTH CAROLINA****

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Just about an hour from kickoff. I'll keep you updated here. Replies to this thread will be deleted. POST IN THE GAME THREAD.

PRE-GAME

We're a little less than an hour from kickoff. Gamecocks on the field in all white with red (garnet) helmets. Tigers in the black helmets, black shirts, gold pants.

I picked South Carolina and that's what I'll stick with. That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Missouri win. Regardless of what happens, I expect a much better effort than we saw last week (defensively). Don't think they'll pitch a shutout, but I expect them to be a lot better.

Maybe it's natural optimism and hope, but the closer this game gets, the more I think Missouri might play really well tonight. You can mark this down and call me an idiot in three hours if they lose 51-20

I've said elsewhere I think five stops wins this game. Doesn't matter if it's punts, downs, turnovers, missed field goals, whatever. Stop the other team from scoring five times I think you've got a great shot.

Six minutes till kickoff and I've got to be honest: The crowd really doesn't look any different than it did last week.

Mizzou led on to the field by captain Jason Reese. We are a couple minutes from kickoff. Ronnell Perkins is suited up and appears ready to play tonight.

South Carolina wins the toss and takes the ball. Mizzou defense on the spot to start.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News