ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Vibes I gathered at SECMD about Mizzou

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
I’m not going to act like I spent Tuesday trying to gather others thoughts about Mizzou but I’ll tell you about some of the vibes I was getting.

A lot of people are bullish on Mizzou. In fact, that’s what Neal McCready of the Ole Miss site said about the team to start our interview. A lot of people like Mizzou’s schedule.

Add in Brady Cook, potentially the best receiver in the nation in LB3 and Kirby Moore coming back and that’s generally what people point to.

LB3 said that he felt the team was being overlooked at the event. And that may be happening to me but I never went into the event or was at the event and thought people were treating Mizzou like the same ole Mizzou. Whether it was watching the SEC Network guys talk about the event while waiting for Mizzou’s private media session to start, just hearing chatter as people walked past me or when I was talking to people directly.

I mean in my opinion, Missouri is hard to overlook. Not only do they have those pieces I mentioned earlier ^ in addition to Drink and his big personality, they’re making waves in the recruiting scene for some elite prospects against the big dogs and that NIL law has got the attention of everyone, including Greg Sankey I’m pretty sure.

So when LB3 said they were being overlooked my first thought was “Really? I guess.” But that’s my perception.

In fact, I was asked a few times do I think they make the SEC title game.

When the “That SEC Podcast” comes out I’m sure for those of y’all who watch it y’all know how high those guys are on Missouri. I’m assuming my appearance drops today or either after the event ends when they can edit it? Idk.

Overall, I think people are taking Mizzou seriously. I feel like they don’t look at them the same as probably Georgia, Bama, maybe LSU and probably Texas (who goes on today I think). But I do think not too many people will be surprised to see Mizzou in the CFP or see them possibly facing off in the SEC title game. The latter may be a slight shock because the same 2 or 3 teams are usually in it but it wouldn’t be out of nowhere. Last year everything was a surprise. This year, there are expectations.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.