ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Week 1 Murray State Absurd Assumptions

Carnell75

All-American
Gold Member
May 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN - Westside
Each week I take a look at the potential outcomes of the upcoming game on an absurd level a lot of the assumptions will be pulled from my derriere this week since the Racers were 2-9 on the season and 1-7 in MVC play. In addition I believe the Racers have over 60 new players in total.

1. Mizzou is 1-0 to end week 1. Not the most absurd assumption I have ever made. It is necessary for Mizzou to have a place within the CFP though.

2. I assume this will be an offensive bonanza all the way around. The secondary is a patchwork of transfers and I doubt the defensive line has enough time to gel. I can see Brady having a huge day in the stat column even though the offense will not be firing on all cylinders yet

3. To feed off above I see Brady with at least 260 yds in this shortened debut. I see Drew Pyne with 70 yds also also. I can see a lot of Noel and Carroll to show that we feel we can reproduce Cody's production from a year ago. I say we produce 2- hundred yard rushers in game 1 vs an over matched Murray state team and coaching staff

4. Lack of information on this cobbled together secondary leads me to believe Peeler will target LB3 early to break the career receiving record that I believe LB3 only needs 1192 to over take. Additionally, with his first 2300yds Brady Cook will be third in career passing behind Chase Daniels and Drew Lock. I believe these are two goals offensively the team wants to achieve.

5. Okay, at least 7 different Tigers reach the endzone if we attack like we are capable of Thursday. Style points matter in games you are suppose to win! It's "PROVE IT!! TIME". Yes 7!

6. Defense will perform up to expectations and beyond. It will not be acknowledged because of Murray State's disarray. I am confident that the primary 1st and 2nd team D keeps Murray State out of the endzone.

7. I believe the one area that we may struggle in is sacks. This may require some blitzing to get the desired effect. THat means the leader will not be from the D-line as commonly is the case.

8. the secondary has a great showing and comes away with 3 take aways via interceptions and record over 12 PDs throughout the secondary on the day.

9. Your 1-0 Mizzou Tigers stay undefeated and in the hunt for a birth in the CFP!

As per usual this is for enjoyment and promoting conversation around the team. The opinions are mine and mine alone. Please enjoy and let the commenting begin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.