ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL We're going to win 8 or more games.

DeathbyTiger

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
I know it's fashionable to say 6 will be a great accomplishment after last year. I know our offense is being rebuilt and our o-line in particular is a huge question mark. And I know people will say I'm delusional.

We are about to surprise a lot of people starting with WVU. Our defense will be better than last year... because our offense is going to be better, not go 3 and out every series and you know... actually score.

Our o-line is going to be light-years ahead of last year with a new, imaginative OC, a much faster tempo and the injection of a 5th year senior who runs north-south.

Our sophomore qb is a stud and is about to emerge with a new offense and an absolute winner as his new qb coach.

Other teams are going to struggle to score against our D. Give them some hope that the offense can do anything, and they will see blood. Top 5 defense if Terry Beckner, Jr. is healthy.

One example of the fallacy of every doomsday projections I see: "Georgia is a sure loss." Really? We lost to them 9 to 6 last year after our D gave our offense the ball on their 1 yard line! If we have ANY improvement in our offense, we are going to challenge for the East. But I think CBO and a new tremendous staff are going to improve it more than a little. Feel free to be skeptical. I understand that. I just don't agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.