ADVERTISEMENT

What did Gant do to APR: One scenario

mjharr

Retired Number
Nov 30, 2015
Given Gant's departure, I was curious what Mizzou's APR might look like next season. The players who left have been highlighted. If I recall, it's been shared the Allen and Gant might be borderline on grades, but if they transfer and land somewhere I think Mizzou would only lose a retention point for them. The same premise holds with Payne: He left, but if he was eligible then MU is only out a retention point. Finally, presuming that Wright and Isabell left with above 2.6 GPAs, Mizzou would keep its retention points for both of them. I've outlined my guesstimation below:
  • Rosburg: 4/4
  • Woods: 4/4
  • Clark: 3/4
  • Barnett: 2/2
  • Payne: 1/2
  • Gant: 3/4
  • Wright: 4/4
  • Isabell: 4/4
  • Allen: 3/4
  • Puryear: 4/4
  • Phillips: 4/4
  • Van Leer: 4/4
  • Walton: 4/4
  • Total: 44/48 (.916 or 916.67 APR)
Now, if MU can find one more point, its APR jumps to 937.5 and the avoid a postseason ban for a poor single-year score. Point being, having six dudes leaves in one offseason is going to put you in murky waters. And if Mizzou's score is, in fact, in the 916 range, it leaves little wiggle room moving forward. If the figures come back at a 937, it would mean Mizzou would need a 950 instead of a 980 in 2017-2018 for its multiyear score to stay above 930.

Basically, the gains made this year might be canceled out. Hope all these guys that left hit the books while they were here.

Reactions: Mizzou Mule
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.