ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL What is your interest level in Mizzou Women's Basketball?

What is your interest level in Mizzou Women's Basketball?

• VERY interested! I have season tickets and/or I attend LOTS of home games.

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • MODERATELY interested. I like watching college women's basketball go to a few games

Votes: 72 14.3%
  • CASUALLY interested. I would go to a few games if the team won more

Votes: 100 19.8%
  • PASSIVELY interested. I hope Mizzou wins in all sports...but I'm not that interested.

Votes: 216 42.9%
  • NOT INTERESTED AT ALL. Spend our money on football and men's basketball

Votes: 97 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
What is your interest level in Mizzou Women's Basketball?

For all you guys saying Firing Robin Pingeton is the answer let me ask you this:

1) What is her salary (seems like it's about 400K) and how does that compare to the rest of the SEC?
2) What is her operating budget and how does that compare to the rest of the SEC?
3) Our arena is pretty nice...but what is our average attendance and how does that compare to the rest?

I am not going to take the time to research this because I am not a big fan of women's basketball. I went to ONE game...Sophie's Senior night...and that was because I am a fan of her and her family because of local ties.

The reason I write this is because there have been a few posters on here who have campaigned for Bieser to be fired as Head Baseball Coach for years ...so I did the research for that sport and here is what I found out:

FOR MIZZOU BASEBALL:
Coaches salary: LOWEST in the SEC
Operating Budget: LOWEST in the SEC
Stadium: WORST and SMALLEST in the SEC
NIL dollars for Mizzou Baseball: a measly 20K compared to 1 to 2 Million for other SEC teams

Bieser has struggled for the last couple of years. This year his team has started out great...but there's a long way to go and we will see how this season plays out.

MY POINT? If we fund a sport at the very lowest level in the conference...what kind of results do you realistically expect?

And YES... Mizzou had some decent WBB crowds when Sophie was playing...but was it just because the team won or because the team had Sophie on it? And not only Sophie...but her sister and two Porter girls, ALL from Rock Bridge...so naturally that created more local interest.

I know several local fans (many of which are senior citizens from both Boone and Callaway County) who got season tickets back then just to follow Sophie. Don't kid yourself...the big crowds back then were very "SOPHIE DRIVEN" as much as they were due to just winning.

I'm sure the bigger crowds then had to do with a little of both..

I will point out that Pingeton just last year beat National Champion South Carolinas, WITHOUT their leading scorer and rebounder who was suspended for that game. And many say that the lady CAN'T COACH???

Many say she can't get a big girl...or athletic enough players...maybe that's true...but WHY?

I really don't know what obstacles she may face on the recruiting trail...maybe someone else can explain?

It will be interesting to see how this POLL turns out. Because if most people just don't care about women's basketball...and the coach is being reasonably competitive...I say...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.