ADVERTISEMENT

Woo Pig Sooie chant at Kevin Puryear today

MizzouRob

Hall of Famer
Jul 17, 2002
I was at the Blue Springs South vs. Nixa game today in Bolivar and found it interesting that the Nixa student section chanted Woo Pig Sooie each time Kevin Puryear went to the FT line. I guess they thought they were going to rattle him (which they did not) but I found it funny that the teams are playing in the Missouri State HS championships for the right to play at Mizzou Arena in Columbia and you have one school trying to bait a player with chants of the rival out-of-state school of the college where he will be attending. I would say that it was poetic justice that Puryear had the game winning breakaway jam to win the game.

As for the game and players, Puryear was slighter in build than I thought he would be but he did display some range. I was really impressed with the 6'-0" PG, KJ Robinson, who is a junior. I don't know if he is a mid-major recruit next year or not, but no one could stop him. For Nixa, they have a 6'-7" kid, Jacob Ruder, who is going to ksu on a baseball scholarship as a pitcher. He could really shoot the 3 (tied the game but missed the game winner) and he broke the 3-point record of his brother, Austin, who plays for MO State. They have a 6'-7" junior, Chase Allen, who is a rugged player but I don't think he has played against many kids his height before this game. His dad is Terry "Booger" Allen, who coached at UNI, ku, and was recently replaced by Stec at MO State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News