ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING A few OL available in the transfer portal

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
I did DTs yesterday. Today, I looked up a handful of OL players that are available in the transfer portal.

@GabeD already wrote in the Chamber about Marcus Bryant.

I was looking for players that had some level of experience. A lot of the top IOL portal players already have homes. I'm also thinking about the position flexibility of the four players currently in the Missouri starting lineup. That flexibility allows Mizzou to bring in someone that isn't a guard. Membou, Green and Johnson have all demonstrated through their careers they can play multiple positions. Tollison probably could play another position if it called for it. Although, I think he stays at center.

Anyway, some of the people on this list may play a position that is already filled. Drinkwitz has been pretty clear the last few seasons that the best five OL will play and then they will figure out exact positions later, if need be.

I'm not sure if Mizzou is interested in any of the ones I'm about to list but here are some options who are on the market:

Branson Hickman, SMU, C

3-year starter for Mustangs. 2nd-team All-AAC in 2023

4th highest offensive grade of Group of 5 centers.

2023 PFF grades: 5th-best run blocking grade at 77.3 (of G5 players) and 8th-best pass blocking grade at 83.8 (of G5 players).

Visits: Went to TCU and Arkansas. Oklahoma coming soon.

Kardell Thomas, Florida A&M, IOL

Played three years at LSU (was a part of 2019 championship team).

Full-time starter for FAMU last season. FAMU won SWAC and Celebration Bowl (HBCU National Championship).

Will McDonald, Coastal Carolina, LG

3rd-team All-Sun Belt in 2023

2023 PFF grades: 75.9 pass block, 63.0 run blocking, 13 starts

Pearson Toomey, Furman, LT

2x First-team All-SoCon

2023 PFF grades: 81.8 pass block, 71.4 run block, 11 starts

Offers: TXAMU, South Florida, Charlotte, Pitt, Michigan State, South Carolina, Tulane, Georgia State

Been in portal since December.

Savion Washington, Colorado, RT

2023 PFF grades: 64.5 run block, 69.1 pass block, 10 starts

Visited: Syracuse this weekend.

Offers: TXAMU, Baylor, Rutgers, Syracuse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News