ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL BRIEF TAKEAWAYS FROM DAY 5 of FALL CAMP

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
Again, a handful of brief observations from the media availability we were afforded for Saturday’s practice.

1. Getting in work.

There was an interior lineman drill with the center and two guards going against two defensive tackles.

In one particular rep, OL Curtis Peagler had a pretty good pancake on defensive tackle Ky Montgomery.

The next time they went at it Montgomery fared much better and backed up Peagler some.

It was two reps in the first week of fall camp. So, don’t take too much from it. It just caught my eye.

In the same drill, right guard Armand Membou and defensive tackle Realus George had some good reps against each other where they were going pretty hard. I think Realus won the first rep and then Armand came back. It was good competition.

Remember, only the first week.

2. Physical player observations

Wide receiver Joshua Manning is listed at 6-2, 199 and that’s about right. I knew he was tall but in my mind I’d assume he’d be slimmer. Still can probably add another 10 or so pounds over his career but he’s already at a good size as a true freshman.

Ja’Marion Wayne looks pretty cut up. I don’t know if he necessarily added more weight but he just looks cut.

3. Freshman tight end earns number

Jordon Harris earned his No. 86 Jersey.

Eli Drinkwitz will speak in about 30-45 minutes so I’ll have much more there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News