ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Carl Reed 😒

Art Van Delay

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2001
St. Louis, but from Unionville
I saw Carl Reed's name mentioned in another thread and wanted to share this story of his fabled recruiting and evaluation chops. First off, I am a Lutheran South parent (humble brag) and got to witness what Cody Schrader was doing for the Lancer program. I also had first hand knowledge on what an exceptional kid he was off of the athletic field. I admit I had no idea he would turn out to be the star he has become, but I always felt if given a shot he could contribute at the D1 level. During the recruiting season of 2017-18 I was a Twitter follower of Reed, who at the time was the head coach at Lutheran North. He was tweeting out a plea to coaches to take a look at his running back, Donovan Marshall, as he wasn't getting any looks from larger schools and was an overlooked talent. Now I fully understand he was trying to pump up the interest in one of his kids. Being the $hi+ disturber that I sometimes can be, I tweeted back at Reed that Marshall wasn't even the best running back in the Metro Conference. He replied back asking who was? I of course answered with Cody Schrader. Reed replied back that Cody was barely a D3 talent and there was no comparison between him and Marshall. I of course fired back, and to no surprise was blocked by Reed. I filed this interaction away for 6 years. This in no way is a shot at Dovovan Marshall. He signed with Arkansas State out of high school and later transferred to Lindenwood where he rushed for 141 yards in his career there. Hopefully he used his football skills to get a college degree. This is more an indictment of the lack of evaluation skills that the human-homecoming-parade-float, Carl Reed, has. I wouldn't put too much weight on any player evaluation this grifter makes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News