ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL COUPLE QUICK THOUGHTS AFTER THE LOSS TO TENNESSEE

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
1) Whatever we can say about this team, we can't say they've given up. Many of us have. They're still out there playing incredibly hard. If you watch that game, you'd never guess this was a team that hasn't won in two months. As I always say, effort is the bare minimum expectation. But it's really, really easy not to give much of it in the situation Mizzou is in. They haven't quit on their coach or each other. That might not be worth a lot, but it's worth something.

2) Dalton Knecht is the best player I've watched this year. As soon as one shot went in, it was curtains.

3) Missouri just has absolutely no margin for error. It's like they have to be virtually perfect for 40 minutes to win a game and they just aren't good enough to do that. On a night the defense is great (at least for 20-30 minutes), they didn't make a shot for nine minutes and Tamar Bates exhausted all of his energy defensively and couldn't score. On other nights, they shoot really well and can't stop anybody. It's always something. Which is what happens when you have a team with no margin for error I guess. One or two mistakes is enough to beat you. And most teams make at least one or two mistakes every night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News