ADVERTISEMENT

DRF introductory press conference at Arizona

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I'm watching the live stream. I'll pass on anything interesting here. I don't expect there to be too much, but if there is I'll relay it. Supposed to start momentarily.

The school president talking now thanks the board for "providing immediate and unequivocal support."

Introductory comments are about her brother's injury and Arizona extending compassion and assistance at that time. Getting choked up talking about it.

"Leaving behind the incredible people and the community at Mizzou was not an easy decision..The student-athletes, the staff, the coaches, incredible people...I am forever grateful for my experiences and my friendships that were forged there. They will last forever."

She said Arizona is "the only place I would have considered leaving Mizzou for. It was a chance I could not pass up."

Looks like Jackson will probably miss tonight's game

Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 10.11.44 AM.png

Talking about cultivating donors at Mizzou: Talking about the 62 million dollar gift said she called him from Arizona yesterday to tell him she was taking the job and it was a very difficult call. "The University of Missouri is a great place and they are on a great path and I cannot wait to cheer for them from afar."

Arizona's president just said the AD is at a $30 million deficit right now

Arizona did not use a search firm. Said he talked to "hundreds of people around the country" about the search.

On why she left Mizzou for Arizona: "It's home. Quite simply, it's home...This is a heart move. This is a move that I know what the University of Arizona can be. I know there are challenges, but we have incredible support, we have incredible leadership. I felt like the University of Arizona was there for me when I needed them and now I feel like my skillset matches what the University of Arizona needs....It just felt right and it was an opportunity to come home."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News