ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Every year about this time ..

Mizzou_SoCal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2008
Newport Beach, CA
It seems like we’re talking about question marks about the upcoming football season. And every year, it seems like we have some strong position groups offset by a few big question marks. This is the first season where I’ve really struggled to see where we might be weak positionally. And in those areas where we might have some question marks on depth, e.g., LB, DL, Drink just keeps doing work.

So I starting thinking what is the biggest remaining question mark and what could jump up to bite us. For me, it is Corey Batoon. I mean, his resume looks good and Kane Wommack obviously thought highly of him, which is a plus. But it’s still an unknown how he will compare to Blake Baker. And, for that matter, how much of our defensive success was due to Baker versus simply having so much talent on the field?

I went back and reread a few articles on Batoon, including this one from SBNation. Everything looked pretty encouraging with the exception of some inconsistent pass defenses. Something which worries me a little bit.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any expert opinions or inside information about how we think he might compare to Baker schematically or as a coach, and maybe what some of the guys in the program are saying after Spring ball. Looking at you @Carnell75, @NikeFootball59, @JHamilton23, @GabeD. Any additional insight you can provide .. or anyone else with an opinion?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News