ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL *****FULL OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR UPDATE*****

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Been chasing info on this since the end of the bowl game. Here is where we stand. This information has been gathered from a variety of sources in the last few days.

*Jedd Fisch is still a candidate. He was in town for an interview. He's just not the only candidate.

*I can confirm that former Ole Miss OC Dan Werner has spoken with Missouri about the job. He is currently an offensive analyst for Nick Saban at Alabama.

*Other coaches with whom there is at least some level of mutual interest:

Former Texas A&M OC Noel Mazzone

Former Oklahoma OC, Indiana HC and current Ohio State OC Kevin Wilson

I have heard Todd Monken's name from a few people. I am told by a source he is "a very long shot." Tampa Bay's head coach is going to get fired, but Monken has a shot to stay on...or to be a head coach even. So while Missouri is interested, it looks unlikely at this point in time.

*There have been some interviews conducted. There will continue to be some. For example, Texas A&M and Ohio State play today. No decision has been made. The earliest we will have a final decision is next week. This is a very thorough process and based on what I'm hearing, interviews will be done in person because that's how Odom wants to do it. He understands the importance of this hire and wants to be 100% sure he's got the right guy.

*It is possible there are other guys in the mix outside of the five names posted above. But I'm very confident those five are in the mix. I'd say there's a good chance the hire is one of those five, but obviously that's not a certainty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News