ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe DeArmond Appreciation thread

tk2aci

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Raymore MO
www.forevergreenkc.com
As a long time member (Oct 2007) I've seen a lot on Power Mizzou. I don't post a whole lot (still a Letterman) but I would guess I visit the site on average 10 times a day and most days many more. I was a student at Mizzou in the early 90's when football was terrible but basketball was on a roll. I was at the 5th down game (and he still didn't score). I sat through the rain on a Thursday night and watched Suh and the bug eaters steal our spirit. I took my wife to her fist game the following year, to what still is probably my favorite in-person sporting event, when we beat #1 OU on Homecoming with the eyes of the Nation upon us. Been to quite a few games lately as my daughter was a student recently and my son now is a high school freshman. MIZZOU is a big part of my life and the enjoyment I get from it. All this to say a big Thank You to Gabe. I have never met you and probably never will but I feel like you are family. You have done a masterful job of leading us through the highs and lows of fandom and have provided countless hours of entertainment and insight to many of us. I don't know how many subscribers there are on Power Mizzou but I would assume I am amongst the silent majority who lurk regularly and rarely post. Not sure how the demographics break out for members but as a 53 year old suburbanite (Raymore, MO), married with the three kids who owns a small business, fears God and loves the outdoors Power Mizzou fills a void. During this holiday season as we take the time to look back and reflect on what we are thankful for I just wanted to say thanks again for taking what you love to do and allowing us to come along for the ride. Your thought of how fun this last year has been spurred me to write this. The last 12 months have been incredible as a Mizzou fan but even our worst years are probably better at Power Mizzou than the best years at any other Rivals affiliate. Thanks again to you, Drew, Jarod and Sean and all those that have been a part of this community along the way. MIZ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News