ADVERTISEMENT

Is OU a Poverty Franchise?

TigerCruise

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2018
They seem to be doing poorly in the NIL, how is a "blue blood" like them broke?

*** As for Florida transfer DL Chris McClellan, I continue to hear that no decision is imminent, or at least not today. One person with knowledge told OUinsider that a decision was likely the back half of this week, if a final decision is made (Weds to Sunday).

Another source close to the situation told OUinsider that McClellan is back in Gainesville packing things up, but that he would be back in Tulsa later this week to fully discuss things with the entire family following his OV’s to Mizzou and Colorado, and his in-home with the Sooners.

Mizzou has confidence in their standing with McClellan following the OV Friday. With the logistics and being in the SEC, you can see why after the NIL part is added as well.

Colorado is another contender after his OV there Saturday and Sunday. However, I’m told Big 12 is the drawback there. Just unsure how much of one with him showing interest in the Buffs and their NIL package being more than competitive.

With OU, it’s a matter of wanting to play the NIL game in this scenario. Both parties seem to want to be connected and have McClellan be a Sooner, but OU has a proverbial line drawn in the sand, per sources on McClellan side and sources I spoke with today around Norman. As reported earlier, it’s a matter of OU playing the game the way McClellan’s camp feels is needed on the NIL side to get him. It’s not all that matters, but it’s a decent portion and enough of one that could sway things away from OU if they don’t want to go that route just yet. But will be the end-all with OU moving forward, and to be honest, I get the sense OU is willing to hold pat. At least that was my sense earlier this weekend and today as I spoke with a few folks. - https://oklahoma.forums.rivals.com/members/brandon-drumm.90209/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News