ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Sullivan at Press Conference about Ukraine

Will_L

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2003
There Will probably be a readout later. But what I heard led me to believe that due to political pressure the administration was moving. There has been increasing talk about the administration not really wanting Ukraine to win for fear of Putin. Milley the great military thinker who believes global warming and trump supporters are our key security threats predicted that Russia would take Kiiv in three days setting up a guerilla war.

The slow play of anti aircraft systems to prevent the pounding with missiles and bombs along with the clusterfvck showing extreme weakness on the migs made one think the US wanted not to antagonize Russia and get Zelinsky to settle quickly. Europe could get back to buying more oil and gas, Sanctions drop and Russia would help John Kerry with *global warming and Joe to get back in to a nuke deal that relieves sanctions on Iran so they can use the money to wreak havoc in the Mideast and produce some oil..ergo gas prices might fall before election.

Jake today seemed to indicate that they understood that the public was believing that they were showing too much fear of Putin. Biden got off the plane ready to say the atrocities people saw all weekend were war crimes and not genocide. It was obvious they spent a good deal of time thinking about the difference. At any rate Sullivan said something to the effect.. “We are going to put in some more sanctions and step up the weapons to Ukraine. We may not be able to tell you everything we are going to do.”

Then he responded that the only time they drew a line was for planes to fly out of an American base to Ukraine. My hunch is that with Zelinsky being seen as the only hero in this fiasco..a mantle Biden wanted to take on his European vacation, has caused them to rethink their strategy to keep a status quo of arming Zelinsky with enough to make it miserable for Russia but still encourage Ukraine to settle.

Petreaus was on over the weekend talking about the switchblades saying a combination of those big and small units in the thousands not 100 would be a huge game changer. If I were President he would be the guy Iwould seek his council.

So hopefully there will be anti ship weapons heading to Odessa area Soon. Tanks heading to the area between Mariupol and Crimea and the southern tip of Dombas. Along with those S300 and Migs to take away some of the civilian carnage.

I think the concern for Putin losing is quickly giving way to political concern that Biden’s weakness in light of Zelenskys strength is a terrible look. I think you will see more weapons than ever pouring in and Biden pretending to be tough. Is it good? I dunno

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News