ADVERTISEMENT

Make it 11 in a row......

DSP73

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2013
Caught the MU game vs hapless Eastern Illinois; MU won 10-1, running their streak to 11.

EIU is now 1 and 10 (win over k-State)

Two takeaways ....

Bryce Montes de Oca, who Bieser is going to work as a mid week starter, went 5 IP, 3 hits and 1 unearned run. The big guy only plunked 2, (but EIU was on their tip toes against his mid 90's fast ball) and his control wasn't bad after some yips in warm ups

I counted 13 ML organizations, including a guy that looked awfully like a front office type (expensive sport shirt, suit coat, leather shoes, high grade leather notebook as opposed to warms ups & NIKES) out with their guns & laptops behind home plate

Whether Beiser or in the Cape Cod League, someone has gotten his motion to be reasonably repeatable, and less cumbersome. When you're 6'6, 260 and hit the mid to high 90's, I think the pros believe they can take it from there

Despite limited success at MU, it's a lock he is drafted

I got a look at Al Lewis, a FR (RF/3B/C) Beiser brought in.....wow; quite the athlete.

Not sure if I would term him a 5 tool player (I understand he is rough in the field or behind the plate), but he's got the other 4 tools.

Really, really quick, short, effortless swing with pop. Serious speed; he caught Bond running the bases. This kid will be something to see in a year.

He looks to me like the kind of kid that shows up in Florida' lineups on the reg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News