ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MANY TAKEAWAYS FROM FRIDAY PRACTICE

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
Tons of takeaways so here we go.

I saw Luke Bauer take first team punting reps but I may have missed one of his punts because he only took three.

Here are my rough estimates for what he punted: 50, 40, and 40 yards.

Williams had four punts with second unit and they were 45, 47, 40, and 55 yards.

Sidney Williams, Kris Abrams-Draine, Ennis Rakestraw, Tre’Vez Johnson, Ty’Ron Hopper, Marvin Burks, Joseph Charleston, Theo Wease, Chad Bailey, Chuck Hicks, and Harrison Mevis were the onside kick unit.

Blake Craig also got a couple reps as the kicker with the first team onside unit.

Hopper, Wease, Miller, Logan Muckey
Will Norris, Bailey, Realus George, Luther Burden, Chris Kreh, Hicks, KAD are hands team and return team. KAD is the deep man for returns.

Scrimmage

Finally let us see a scrimmage but it was the 2s and 3s only.

Here is some of the first few plays.

EJ Ndoma-Ogar with false start to start.

Jake Garcia with a laser to Josh Manning for a nice eight or nine yard gain.

Bad snap by Bence Polgar which resulted in fumble recovered by Garcia for loss of about 10 maybe.

Garcia to Marquis Johnson in traffic (good blocking).

Garcia only played a couple of series but if he’s the third string QB the group is in way better shape than last year.

The second string OL was good today when there wasn’t a penalty or that one fumble.

Highlight of first drive was 25 yard carry by Jamal Roberts, who used speed to hit left corner and take it up the sideline. Impressive practice today by him. He’s physical and isn’t afraid of contact but he has speed.

On the second series, Tavorus Jones
Tavorus jones with a couple of nice runs

KY Montgomery had a nice TFL in the redzone and also had a sack on Gabarri Johnson and a QB hit on Laible. Good day for him.

QB Gabarri Johnson had a very up and down day which is expected out of a true freshman.

One of the highlights of the day was I’m pretty sure I saw Logan Reichert snap the ball and immediately almost allowed a sack once he snapped it (like I saw Reichert at guard for the rest of practice so maybe I’m tripping but I feel confident for this snap he was at center and maybe the snap before too) Gabarri avoided the sack rolled right and threw like a 30-40 yard pass to Noah Flaskamp in black. Second loudest pop of practice.

He did have a 4-yard TD to Max Whisner to end that drive.

He knows how to use his legs for sure but he looks at one read and then goes to scramble mode. He also threw an INT to Burks who was wide open and should’ve hauled it in and went right through his grasp.

Austin Firestone had a good day which included the play of the day.

Firestone broke through the line and slapped the ball out of Gabarri hand and then picked it up and took it like 50-60 yards for a TD.

Jahkai Lang had a sack on Laible.

Dylan Laible throws a really nice spiral and he was pretty solid today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News