ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL *****OFFICIAL BARRY ODOM COACHING STAFF THREAD (10:16 PM UPDATE)*****

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
915 AM SATURDAY: Not that this was in doubt but have received definite confirmation AJ Ricker will not return. I expect him to have other offers including potentially a return to Illinois.

10:15 PM: I am told that at this point Pat Ivey and Barry Odom have not met. There will be a meeting "in the future" but at this point, I'm unsure when that is. Rhoades said at the press conference that it's Odom's call on Ivey, but that seems a bit unclear. It's Odom's call as it comes to football, but I do not believe it is as far as his employment status at the University. Whenever there is clarity on this, we will let you know.

6:33 PM:
I have confirmed that Andy Hill will remain on staff at Mizzou with Barry Odom

3:10 PM:
Made an error earlier. Am now told Cornell Ford will also have a spot on Odom's staff if he wants it. Add that to Andy Hill and Ryan Walters. I expect Ford to stay on, but don't know that at this point.

10:43 AM:
A source confirms he has been told by A.J. Ricker that Ricker will not return.

Andy Hill does not have an offer to be the Montana State head coach at this point in time. Certainly doesn't mean he will not get one, but doesn't have one currently. I strongly believe he will have the option to stay at Missouri on Odom's staff if he wants to. It will be his decision.

9:51 AM:
Two sources have told us that the only assistant that will return as of right now is Ryan Walters. Andy Hill, I know, will have the option to return, but is the leader for the Montana State head coaching job and will have multiple options. Do not believe there is closure on Hill, but anticipate that outside of him and Walters, everyone else is gone. Don't know if that includes Pat Ivey at this time.

9:35 AM
: Looks like there are plenty of others that are agreeing with me that Josh Heupel will be Odom's OC. I've reached out to Heupel. I don't expect to hear back, but if I do will let you all know.

One source has told me that Craig Kuligowski and Cornell Ford will not be back (which is what we've expected). Have not confirmed with anyone else yet. Will let you know if I get any confirmation.

I'm just gonna start this and when we get some tidbits or info, our staff will update the OP here.

As of today, I'd guess Hill and Walters stay. Kuligowski will be an interesting one. From what I hear, Odom would like him to stay, but he'll have other opportunities as well.

My guess for OC/QB coach is Josh Heupel.

Again, just wanted to have a place where our staff could post info rather than starting 12 different threads every day. So when we get info on potential staff moves, we'll post it here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News