ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING OPEN RECRUITING PERIOD NOTES, NOV 27-DEC 11 (UPDATED 438 PM TUESDAY)

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I'm going to keep a running tab of notes here. I'll update this post every time we get something and just kind of keep it going through the open period. Feel free to reply and I'll try to answer questions as we go.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH

The staff will pretty much all hit the road today or tomorrow. I know that Andy Hill will hit KC later this week and Cornell Ford will hit St. Louis. With Jackie Shipp obviously out of the picture, AJ Ofodile will be on the road for Mizzou in his place. Certainly Missouri would like to replace Shipp on a permanent basis sooner rather than later.

Jafar Armstrong has an in home visit with Andy Hill on Wednesday night. I've reached out again to all the committed kids to see if they have in homes in the next couple of weeks or have set their official visit dates (some of them have already and those were in the Chamber recently).

Roderick Ford has set his official visit for December 2nd (this coming weekend).

Logan Christopherson will have an in-home visit with Mizzou coaches on Monday night. Joe Jon Finley and Barry Odom will be on that visit.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH

According to our information, AJ Ofodile is starting out his travel in Arizona. Key targets there for the Tigers are juco defensive linemen Walter Palmore and Maliek Young.

Andy Hill will spend today through Wednesday in Dallas (we'll do some research on who he is seeing) and then be in Kansas City Wednesday through Friday.

We know Joe Jon Finley and Barry Odom will be in Illinois tonight.

I'm told Cornell Ford will be in and around St. Louis today, including a stop at East St. Louis High School.

Mizzou (Ofodile) was at Eastern Arizona today to check in on Maliek Young and Walter Palmore. We'll be trying to track them down for more info to see how it went.

Coaches will be down to check in on Chris Turner in Louisiana today or tomorrow. Again, he told me last week the Arkansas offer didn't change anything with him. But I'm sure Missouri wants to double and triple check on that.

While in Louisiana, we hear they will also check in on Tulane commit Caleb Sampson. DT is a huge priority. Think they'd like to have two jucos and probably a high school guy too at that spot.

Trying to deduce who Hill might be checking on in Texas. Here are some guys it could be (this is guesswork on my part): Hyrin White, Donovan Stiner, Roderick Ford, Michael Clemons, Elijah Gardiner, Joshuah Bledsoe, Langston Frederick

I would be willing to bet Ryan Walters is in Texas too, but I don't know that to be true.

One player I know Mizzou is very interested in is former Iowa commit Eno Benjamin. I've never heard back from him. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Don't think he's a big fan of recruiting sites after his decommitment. Missouri would like two backs and they'd love Benjamin to be one of them. Utah and Arizona State are the big competition from what I'm told.

Am also told recent offer Kofi Wardlow, a three-star DE out of Washington DC area, will visit Mizzou. Colleague tells me he will visit Michigan State this weekend and then schedule trips to Pitt, Virginia Tech and Mizzou. Won't be easy, but worth watching. Here is his film:

Last thing, not really about the recruiting period, but I've messaged back and forth with Mizzou commit Jamal Brooks quite a bit in recent weeks. He's often reaching out to me. He reads a lot about the Tigers. Honestly, he might be the most bought-in, on-board kid in this entire class. That's one guy I think you can rest pretty easy will be signing with the Tigers in February.

Last last thing, by now, you've see the latest on Jeff Thomas, which is that Darren Sunkett said on the radio that Missouri was still definitely in the picture. There's no reason to freak out every day about this one. Sunkett has some influence. And if he says Mizzou is in the mix, they'll be in the mix. Doesn't mean they'll get Thomas, but I think they'll be involved. Illinois offering Rey Estes is something to watch, but I have a hard time seeing Thomas at Illinois.

Florida RB Isaiah Miller tweeted that he's visiting Mizzou this weekend. He's an Oregon State commit who appears to have gotten a visit from Josh Heupel today. Trying to reach out to him.

Tiger commit OL Pompey Coleman just told me Barry Odom will be at his house for an in home visit on Thursday night.

Caleb Sampson told me he will visit the weekend of December 10th.

One of Hill's drops was Kemp WR Elijah Gardiner

North Carolina RB Larry Rountree told Schiffer he will take his official visit to Missouri this weekend.

At this point, we believe it's Rountree, Eno Benjamin and Isaiah Miller for two spots. First two to say yes will get the spots.

Washington DC DT Jaylen Twyman is visiting January 20-22. He said he talks to the staff every week. My sources say he's the top high school DT on the board for Missouri.

For those interested, here's an incredible story on Twyman's upbringing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...d5bece-b181-11e6-840f-e3ebab6bcdd3_story.html

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29TH

New offer goes out to California juco OL George Moore, who is committed to Washington State

It is being reported on Twitter that Iowa State commit Jordan Ulmer will visit this weekend. Ulmer just confirmed that to me. Seems to be picking up quite a bit more interest here after his senior season.

Add Mizzou commit Jafar Armstrong to the official visit list for this weekend.

Jamal Brooks will take his official visit January 20th

Larry Borom will also be in town for his official this weekend.

Messaged with Logan Christopherson about his visit with Odom and Finley: "It went super good. Not really (anything new) just catching up with things. It was very special for me though."

Another official visitor this weekend: Junior college defensive tackle Rashad Brandon. He tells me Mizzou is the only visit he has set as of right now. I'm about to update his profile with some other offers.

Cornell Ford has been in the Atlanta area. He has an in home visit with Larry Rountree tomorrow night. He will be at East St. Louis on Thursday

Andy Hill was at Park Hill today. Appears Glen Elarbee was at Arizona Western and offered juco OL Desmond Bland. Details posted here: https://missouri.forums.rivals.com/threads/new-juco-ol-offer.77047/

Recruiting will be our main focus and we will keep you updated throughout this period.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News