ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL POTENTIAL OC REPLACEMENTS, INFO (UPDATED 1154 AM)

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I want to stress at this point I have no inside info about who they might be looking at. I would think that Andy Hill and Glen Elarbee would be potential internal candidates but that they will certainly look outside as well.

Right now, I'm just spitballing some names. As I get info over the next few days I'll update this and maybe put a hot board together:

Troy Walters, UCF: Frost could bring him to Nebraska now. Even if he doesn't, Frost calls the plays, not Walters. Plus, he coaches wide receivers. Missouri needs someone who coaches QBs. Unlikely IMO.

Darrell Dickey, Memphis: Worked with Odom for a couple years. Key here could be what happens with Mike Norvell? He's a candidate at Arkansas. If he gets that job, would Dickey follow?

Graham Harrell, North Texas: Former Texas Tech QB who put up ridiculous numbers and could be a good mentor for Lock. Offense scored nearly 10 more points per game in his first season than the year before. Lot of connections between the schools. Odom knows head coach Seth Littrell well. Former deputy AD Wren Baker is the AD at North Texas now. I like the idea of this one.

Hugh Freeze, free agent: When the Ole Miss sanctions were announced, Freeze got off pretty light. There are no restrictions on him to be an assistant coach somewhere in 2018. Odom and Freeze have a good relationship. SOMEBODY is going to hire him as an OC.

UPDATE: 11:54 AM. Have someone who's been right in the past tell me that Joe Jon Finley is an internal candidate for a promotion as well. However, think there's also a strong possibility that Heupel tries to take Finley to UCF as his OC.

These were the first names that came to mind. As more info becomes available or as I think of some more people, I'll add to this.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News